The Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) national exam solidifies individuals as nationally recognized professionals who specialize in Renewable Energy (CRES). Designation as a Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) will allow you to stand out as a specialist in the growing field of renewable energy.
The Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) combines his or her knowledge of the different sustainable, renewable energy sources into one field of Green expertise. Understanding how to conserve energy through the use of solar and wind sources is not optional anymore, but necessary. A Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) must be able to understand and implement strategies for relying on the emergent generation of technologies which will be employed to provide energy for the power grid over the next 20 years.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.
Renewable energy job opportunities will be awarded to those who show he or she has the most education and experience in the field. As with any national exam, practitioners have to qualify voluntarily to meet the set standards found on a certification exam. Attaining the National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) designation will provide employers and clients with credentials that indicate your level of expertise in the field of Renewable Energy.
The benefits to becoming a Certified Renewable Energy Specialist (CRES) may include more job opportunities, higher wages, and increased job security.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctoring: Each certification exam is proctored using AI powered online proctoring software that is embedded in the exam center.
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site.