The Certified Stress Management Coach (CSMC) national exam prepares individuals for a career as a Stress Management Coach. Attaining national certification displays that individuals have mastered the latest industry information and skill set necessary to become a successful and highly recognized professional in the field of Stress Management Coaching.
A Certified Stress Management Coach (CSMC) understands that both positive and negative stress has a constant effect on our lives. Stress is directly linked to many serious health-related issues, both physical and mental. Certified Stress Management Coaches (CSMC) teach clients to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress through the use of relaxation techniques such as meditation, progressive relaxation, guided imagery, and self-hypnosis. Employment opportunities for Certified Stress Management Coaches (CSMC) include: being your own boss, working in behavioral and mental healthcare facilities, conducting training seminars and workshops for corporations and companies, and much more!
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, a 23% increase in professional coaching careers, such as Certified Stress Management Coaches (CSMC) is expected by the year 2018 in corporations, private organizations and social and human service agencies. Earning and maintaining and National Certification allows candidates to stand out in the field, as a professional Stress Management Coaches. Achieving the National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Stress Management Coaches (CSMC) designation will allow you to advertise your certified status to the public and seek referrals from other professionals based on your certification.
According to the 2010 figures from the US Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, average salaries ranged from $23,443 to $61,928.
The benefits to becoming a Certified Stress Management Coach (CSMC) may include more job opportunities, higher wages, and increased job security.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctorio: Each certification exam is proctored. We partner with an online proctoring service called Proctorio (click for more information @ Proctorio).
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site. This email will also provide information about Proctorio.