The Certified Wellness Coach (CWC) national exam prepares individuals for a career as a Wellness Coach. Attaining national certification displays that individuals have mastered the skills necessary to be recognized as the powerful tool for change. Certified Wellness Coaches (CWC) are sought out by clients for a variety of reasons. Earning and maintaining National Certification allows candidates to be a successful and highly recognized professional in the rapid emergent field of Wellness Coaching.
A Certified Wellness Coach (CWC) maintains a supportive relationship with the person or persons wanting to make the change in his or her life. A Certified Wellness Coach (CWC) provides a positive connection that enables the person being coached to recognize his or her own strengths and ability to make lasting changes that allow them to achieve better health and well-being. Certified Wellness Coaches (CWC) are becoming increasingly recognized by medical professionals as a tool to assist patients and advocate positive changes in their individual lifestyles.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.
Certified Wellness Coaches (CWC) are not limited to any one occupational model. The diversity in professionals using Wellness Coaches extends beyond business and human resources, to include alternative health and well-being practitioners, doctors, teachers, nurses, and leaders looking for insightful processes to evolve their capabilities into the best habits for total living.
There is no limit to the powerful tool for change a Certified Wellness Coach (CWC) can offer. Earning and maintaining and National Certification allows candidates to stand out in the field, as a professional Wellness Coach. Achieving the National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Wellness Coach (CWC) designation will allow you to advertise your certified status to the public and seek referrals from other professionals based on your certification.
According to the 2010 figures from the US Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, average salaries ranged from $23,443 to $61,928. Average wellness coach salaries can vary greatly due to education, company, location, industry, experience and benefits.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctorio: Each certification exam is proctored. We partner with an online proctoring service called Proctorio (click for more information @ Proctorio).
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site. This email will also provide information about Proctorio.