- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
The Event Planning Specialist Certification (CEPS) exam from the National Career Certification Board (NCCB) prepares individuals for a rewarding career as an Event Planning Professional. One of the best ways to distinguish yourself in the Event Planning industry is to pursue a national certification from NCCB.
Certified Event Planning Specialists (CEPS) are responsible for coordinating every last detail of an event; regardless of the size of the event. The Event Planning Specialist arranges everything for an event to include; venue, menu selection, entertainment, decorations and everything in between. As more companies are learning the value of professionally organized events, there is an increasing need for formal training in event planning.
Employment of Certified Event Planning Specialists (CEPS) is projected to grow 33 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics. As businesses and organizations become increasingly international, professionally organized events are becoming more important than ever. The median annual wage for meeting, convention, and event planners was $45,810 in May 2012.
National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Event Planning Specialist (CEPS) credentials encourage the professional development of Event Planning through voluntary participation. Benefits on earning the Certified Event Planning Specialist (CEPS) designation includes a competitive salary, preference among employers, and insight in the industry and recognition of commitment among clients.
The benefits to becoming a Certified Event Planning Specialist (CEPS) may include more job opportunities, higher wages, and increased job security.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctorio: Each certification exam is proctored. We partner with an online proctoring service called Proctorio (click for more information @ Proctorio).
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site. This email will also provide information about Proctorio.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.