Frequently Asked Questions
National Career Certification Board (NCCB)
What is NCCB's refund policy?
Certification exams and practice exams are non-refundable and non-transferable and must be taken by the person who is registered for the exam.
Once I purchase an exam with NCCB , how many days will I have to take the exam?
You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the exam.
What is included with my exam purchase?
Your exam purchase will include access to the certification exam. You may purchase practice exams and take the practice exams 3 times each. There is no time limit on them.
How much time will I have to complete the exam?
You will have 2 hours to complete your exam, which consists of 80 questions. The clock begins when your start the actual exam.
What is considered a passing score?
You will need to score a 70% or higher to pass the certification exam.
What happens if I don't pass the exam.
We encourage you to take the practice exams until you have scored a 70% or higher on them. This will prepare you for the actual exam. If you need more help, we have a "Recommended Reading" tab listed under each examination on the website. If you do not pass the actual exam you must purchase it again at a later date.
How much does it cost to retake an exam if I don't pass it?
If you do not pass the exam the cost to retake it is $175.00. There is no limit on how many times you may retake an exam but you must pay the $175.00 fee each time..
How far in advance do I need to schedule my Exam?
There is no need to schedule a time to take your exam. Just follow the instructions in the exam center and take it whenever you're ready.
What are the Technical requirements for the exam?
- You must be using Chrome as your browser.
- A reliable computer running Windows XP (or higher) or Mac OS X 10 (or higher).
- A web cam with 640x480 video pixel resolution or higher.
- Headphones or working speakers connected to the computer.
- A working microphone connected to the computer. We recommend a web came that has a built in microphone.
- A reliable, high-speed Internet connection.
- The ability to allow video and screen-sharing connections to the computer used to take an exam.