The Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA) exam prepares individuals for a career as a Dental Office Assistant. The certification displays mastery of the latest information and skill practice necessary to be a successful Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA).
A Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA) is an essential part of any Dental Office team. Certified Dental Office Assistants (CDOA) are trained to run the front office and assist with basic preparation for procedures performed by the dental practice or clinic. Certified Dental Office Assistants must be prepared to oversee supplies, schedule appointments, interact professionally with patients, prepare dental trays, and understand the CDT-5 Dental Codes.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, a 31% increase in Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA) jobs is expected by the year 2020, increasing from 297,200 to 916,000 positions. Earning and maintaining and National Certification allows you to stay stand out as a professional Dental Office Assistant. Dental Office Administrative Assistants will earn around $26,000 per year. There is also a possibility of advancement, and Assistants can move on to become the Administrators in a dental office. The median annual wage of Dental Assistants was $34,500 in May 2012. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $23,550, and the top 10 percent earned more than $47,580. www.bls.gov
- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctorio: Each certification exam is proctored. We partner with an online proctoring service called Proctorio (click for more information @ Proctorio).
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site. This email will also provide information about Proctorio.