The Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialist (CPTAS) exam prepares individuals in the field of Therapeutic Services for a career as a Physical Therapy Aide Specialist. Achieving national recognition as a CPTAS will ensure you are recognized by employers in the industry and demonstrate you are prepared for a career as a Physical Therapy Aide Specialist.
Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialists (CPTAS) are an important part of a professional physical therapy team. Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialists (CPTAS) are employed by hospitals, physical therapy offices, orthopedic clinics, and personal care facilities to work under the direct supervision of Physical Therapists and their assistants. Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialists (CPTAS) assist in the the care of the facility, help patients to and/or from the therapy areas, complete clerical tasks, answer phones, and assist patients with insurance paperwork. CPTAS play a significant role in helping to make therapy sessions productive for Physical Therapists and pleasant for the patients.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.
The demand for therapeutic services has increased as the population of middle-aged and elderly people has grown. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, demand for Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialist (CPTAS) is expected to increase by 43% by the year 2020.Earning the National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialist (CPTAS) designation will allow you to stay stand out as a professional Physical Therapy Aide Specialist among your competition in the field of Therapeutic Services.
The median annual wage of physical therapist aides was $23,680 in May 2010. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $17,270, and the top 10 percent earned more than $34,670.
Most physical therapist assistants and aides work full time. About one in four worked part time in 2010. Many physical therapy offices and clinics have evening and weekend hours to match patients' personal schedules.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctorio: Each certification exam is proctored. We partner with an online proctoring service called Proctorio (click for more information @ Proctorio).
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site. This email will also provide information about Proctorio.