The Certified Veterinary Office Assistant (CVOA) exam prepares individuals for a career as a Veterinary Office Assistant. The certification displays mastery of the latest information and skill practice necessary to be a successful Veterinary Office Assistant (CVOA) in a variety of animal medical practice settings.
Certified Veterinary Office Assistants (CVOA) are vital members of the staff at veterinary hospitals, animal shelters, kennels, and private animal clinics. Certified Veterinary Office Assistants (CVOA) are qualified to perform administrative, front office duties, such as scheduling appointments, billing and accounting, managing medical records, and managing inventory.
Our practice exams consist of approximately 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Certified Veterinary Office Assistants (CVOA) are expected to experience close to a 20% rise in employment through 2020, accounting for nearly 40,000 new jobs. Achieving the National Career Certification Board’s Certified Veterinary Office Assistants (CVOA) will demonstrate individuals have mastered the required skills to be effective as part of the reception staff in addition to the abilities to work directly with animals to keep them safe and healthy.
The benefits to becoming a Certified Veterinary Office Assistant (CVOA) may include more job opportunities, higher wages, and increased job security.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctoring: Each certification exam is proctored using AI powered online proctoring software that is embedded in the exam center.
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site.