The Certified Catering Associate (CCA) exam prepares individuals for a career as a Catering Professional. Attaining national certification communicates to employers and clients that individuals are committed to providing the highest level of standards in the Catering profession.
A Certified Catering Associate (CCA) is proficient in all aspects of the catering business. Catering Associates can work as catering managers or start their own event catering business. Certified Catering Associates (CCA) play an important role in planning and executing events. The employment industry for catering varies greatly, and there are many opportunities for employment. Hospitality catering jobs account for a substantial percentage of work in the Catering industry.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.
National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Catering Associate (CCA) designation encourages the professional development of caterers through voluntary participation. Certified Catering Associate (CCA) designation raises the level standards in the industry and will give you an edge over your competition by taking the entry-level comprehensive examination and providing credentials for employment.
The benefits to becoming a Certified Catering Associate (CCA) may include more job opportunities, higher wages, and increased job security.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctoring: Each certification exam is proctored using AI powered online proctoring software that is embedded in the exam center.
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site.