- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
The Certified Life Skills Coach (CSLC) certification exam prepares individuals for a career as a Life Skills Coach. Attaining national certification displays that individuals have mastered the latest industry information and skill set necessary to become a successful and highly recognized professional in the field of Life Skills Coaching.
A Certified Life Skills Coach (CLSC) assists people with making decisions about improving their personal and professional lives. As a Certified Life Skills Coach (CLSC) it is imperative to study the best practices to offer guidance in an on-going collaborative effort with clients. Job opportunities for Certified Life Skills Coaches (CLSC) are often found in large companies, school systems, behavioral and mental healthcare clinics. Certified Life Skills Coaches can also become self-employed and start their own lucrative coaching business.
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, a 23% increase in Certified Life Skills Coaches (CLSC) jobs is expected by the year 2018 in private organizations and social and human service agencies. Earning and maintaining and National Certification allows candidates to stand out in the field, as a professional Life Skills Coach. Successful completion of the National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Life Skills Coach (CLSC) exam will illustrate that individuals have moved from the fundamentals of Life Skills Coaching to a more advanced and developed level of competency in the field of life coaching.
A life coach's salary depends largely upon how much work experience she has in the field, according to Payscale.com. In September 2009, coaches with one to four years of work experience earned an average salary of between $29,253 and $43,987. The average salary range for five to nine years of experience was between $31,447 and $58,958. From years 10 to 19, life coaches averaged salaries of between $32,417 to $82,874.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctorio: Each certification exam is proctored. We partner with an online proctoring service called Proctorio (click for more information @ Proctorio).
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site. This email will also provide information about Proctorio.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.