- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
The Certified Mental Health Technician (CMHT) exam prepares individuals for a career as a Mental Health Technician. The certification displays mastery of the latest information and skill practice necessary to be a successful Certified Mental Health Technician (CMHT).
Certified Mental Health Technicians (CMHT), also referred to as Mental Health Assistants or Psychiatric Aides, work as a member of a team under the supervision of psychologists, psychiatrists and counselors, to care for emotionally disturbed and mentally ill patients. Certified Mental Health Technicians (CMHT) are typically employed by public and private psychiatric hospitals, nursing homes, and residential mental health institutions. Certified Mental Health Technicians (CMHT) coordinate mental health services, interview patients, document treatments, and help patients with their needs.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of Certified Mental Health Technician (CMHT) positions is expected to increase by approximately 6% by the year 2018. Mental Health Technicians who pass the National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Mental Health Technician (CMHT) examination will have a competitive edge in the job market and Mental Health Technician profession.
The median expected salary for a typical mental health technician in the United States is $31,832 according to www1.salary.com (October 2014).
Mental health technicians/aides work in a wide variety of settings including mental hospitals, community general hospitals, community mental health centers, psychiatric clinics, schools for mentally handicapped, social service agencies, geriatric nursing homes, child or adolescent centers, and halfway houses.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctorio: Each certification exam is proctored. We partner with an online proctoring service called Proctorio (click for more information @ Proctorio).
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site. This email will also provide information about Proctorio.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.