- NCCB Certification demonstrates that you have achieved the entry-level of professional knowledge in your specific field.
- NCCB Certification gives you a mark of distinction which sets you apart and shows that you have achieved expertise in your field of study.
- NCCB Certification increases your marketability as it provides external validation of your entry-level knowledge and your abilities in your profession.
- NCCB Certification demonstrates your commitment to your own personal growth and to that of the profession you’ve chosen. These factors can greatly affect your career advancement.
- NCCB Certification may encourage your employer to underwrite further education for you in the future. By showing them how supporting your professional development is a worthwhile pursuit for the company’s continuous improvement efforts, this could lead to further educational opportunities, a win-win for all parties involved.
The Certified Administrative Assistant (CAA) certification exam prepares individuals for a career as an Administrative Assistant/Secretary across a wide range of professional companies. Attaining national certification displays that individuals have studied and mastered the necessary skills to be a recognized professional in the field of Administrative Assistants.
Certified Administrative Assistants (CAA) perform organizational, administrative, and clerical duties in a multitude of settings. Nearly every industry employs Administrative Assistants to organize files, schedule appointments, serve as information and communication managers, and support other staff members. These necessary functions keep an organization running efficiently.
Secretaries and administrative assistants held about 4 million jobs in the past year in the United States. According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, overall employment for Certified Administrative Assistants (CAA) is expected to grow 12% by the year 2020.
Earning a national certification demonstrates competency to employers and National Career Certification Board’s (NCCB) Certified Administrative Assistant (CAA) designation raises the level standards in the industry and will give you an edge over your competition. Nationally certified Administrative Assistant are typically paid higher than others in the field who do not possess nationally recognized credentials.
The median annual wage for secretaries and administrative assistants was $35,330 in May 2012. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that
amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $21,910, and the top 10 percent earned more than $57,750.
Here is how the process works:
- Purchase a Practice Exam: With each practice exam purchase, you will have access to 2 practice tests that will help you prepare. You may take the practice exams up to 3 times each and there is no time limit. You will have 90 days to take the practice exams.
- Purchase a Certification Exam: The certification exam will consist of 80 questions and you will have 2 hours to complete it. You will have 30 days from the date of purchase to take the certification exam.
- Proctorio: Each certification exam is proctored. We partner with an online proctoring service called Proctorio (click for more information @ Proctorio).
- Certificate: Once you have completed the certification exam and scored a 70% or higher you will have immediate access to your Certification Certificate by clicking on the link in the exam center. The certificate will also be emailed to you as a .pdf file.
- Login Credentials: Once you make an exam purchase you will receive a confirmation email. This email will provide you with login information to the NCCB Exam website. This will not be the same as your login for the NCCB company site. This email will also provide information about Proctorio.
NCCB certifications are available to everyone that has formal training, work experience or has been self-trained in their field of expertise. Our goal is to be the initial certification organization to validate your education.
Our practice exams consist of 30 questions that are randomly selected from the actual certification exam test bank. The practice exams are broken down into 2 separate exams that can be taken up to 3 times each. This gives you a total of 6 exams to help prepare you for certification.
We highly recommend all students take a few practice exams. This helps them to understand the test-taking process and prepares them for certification by giving actual certification questions! Scoring a 70% or higher on a practice exam is a good indicator that a student will receive a passing grade on the certification exam.